Monday 29 February 2016

altered playing card

This was a first, I've seen them before and love the end result.

To be honest, I didn't do much with mine as I had chosen to do a quote card.


standard size playing card
'Beautiful Words 1' Gecko Galz
doily
2 butterfly die cuts Tattered Lace Mini
stick on flower
gem
red & blue pigment ink
silver gel pen
I resized the image form the design sheet and printed it out. The playing card edges were inked using a foam square and Christmas Red pigment ink, I then pushed the edges into Royal Blue pigment ink and gave it a quick rub with the foam to blend the colours a bit. I left some of the red pattern on the playing card showing.
I stuck the image onto the card and then found a bit of doily, butterfly and flower to cover over  the corresponding images. Lastly I edged the letters with a silver gel pen too make them stand out more.
entered into: Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Facebook group

1 comment:

  1. Hadn't realised that was the red of the playing card showing until you said. It looks very effective. Can you do one in Grape now!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete