Tuesday 23 February 2016

S is for stamping & sapphire/playground 217

I had planned to do a different style of card for this challenge, one I watched on YouTube, but when raiding my offcuts/snippets drawer realised I wouldn't have enough of the blue card to do it so had to wing it *lol*  and this is what I came up with:

 
Royal Blue pigment ink
Sentiment stamp by Jenny Ellory
Butterfly stamp by BoBunny
blue card stock
white & blue gems


The snippet of blue card stock was what was remaining of an A4 sheet, I made a 6x6 white card blank and then measured and cut a square of the blue exactly 1 inch smaller, then gutted the middle as I needed it for the die cut butterfly.

I stamped the two butterflies using the pigment ink, then decided I would put the sentiment in the middle (and not use the butterfly) but I noticed a teeny tiny smudge of blue ink in the space which I could see a mile off but no one else would probably have done! So I reverted to plan A to put the die cut there.

Matted and layered the card then attached the die cut with my Pritt stick, so I could best position it.

I then stamped the sentiment in the corner, stuck some white gems on the butterfly and decided to pop a blue gem on each of the stamped butterflies. And finished off by blinging up the corners.

entering in: Butterfly Challenge = theme + butterfly + colour

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same with smudges or anything slightly squint, it's all I can see. You've saved this though, it's really lovely and I like all the bling in the corners.
    It is good to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty with the layers and the gems on the border. A great save which we would never have known about. Thankyou for fluttering by my Challenge. Your card will be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Et voila . . . one perfectly (and beautifully) covered up smudge . . . your secret is safe with us! It's a lovely card and a great colour of blue. Thanks for wandering over to the Snippets Playground with it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete